Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vegan-Day 3

Well, I haven't killed anyone yet. Whew. I'm actually not STARVING, like some diets I've tried. I hesitate to use the word diet, as I've been very clear that this is a temporary cleanse. However, regardless, I'm not starving.

I didn't feel well yesterday, so yet again, I didn't have a ridiculously off day when it came to food. I had hummus and pita chips for lunch and a cup of rice and apple slices for dinner. I still need to get my pantry better stocked. So far today I've had oatmeal. Aye, but the day is young.

I spent some time researching becoming Vegan yesterday. While I should have done more of that BEFORE this whole circus began, it certainly doesn't hurt to learn while I go. And I tell ya what, Google can find you some great stuff. Of course I won't be vegan-greedy...I will share!

I Googled "vegan tips and tricks" and found loads of blogs. One site is kind of a pet site of Peta. I Can't Believe It's Vegan is really about stumbling across food that is vegan-friendly on accident. This will MOST definitely help me when I hit the grocery. HOWEVER, some stuff shared goes against the practice of "clean eating," which is what I plan to do post-Vegan. (Don't worry, if you don't know what clean eating is, I'll explain more later--just think food that is good for you, processed little to none, and doesn't leave much of a footprint on the environment.) Still, this site is a great reference...especially for snacks and some brands. Check it out! http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVegan/default.asp

I hope to dazzle you with a special menu tomorrow; something you can be proud of! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment