Thursday, April 1, 2010

conditioning for the marathon

T minus 4 days until the vegan cleanse. I know that most people, knowing that they were going to make a big lifestyle change as this, based on what he or she has read and what not, those most people would most likely stop in their tracks and make the change. Nah, nope, not me. I’m going to eat burgers, processed foods, and other bad things for me until this officially begins next week. I’ve chosen not to get overly educated yet because I know that small inkling I already have forming inside of me will only grow. And I know myself, I HAVE to say goodbye. I need my closure. Goodbye burgers. Goodbye cheese. Goodbye ice cream. Goodbye processed foods and animal products. It isn’t goodbye forever….just 21 days. I know during these 21 days I will garner an education that will most likely steer me away from said foods above, but that doesn’t mean I can’t visit them occasionally, portion-appropriately.

To make sure I’m ready, I’ve bought some books to read. Right now I am just ankle deep in Cook Food by Lisa Jervis, but it’s a great skinny read on entering into this lifestyle. She’s a tad more politically charged than I, but in the end, it’s the same idea…cook your food, most of it being unprocessed and you will live a healthier life.

I wish I had more to say at this point, but I don’t want to overly contradict the fast food I had for dinner. But trust me, I am ready for the challenge.

In the meantime, think about what it means to be obsessed with food. What does that mean to you? That will be my next post before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment